What do you hope for your kid?
My wife Elizabeth and I are adopting a 16 year old boy on Tuesday, July 29, 2014. His name is Calvin Giles-Stewart. I want to write out his story sometime soon but this blog post is about a father’s hopes for his son.
(in no particular order) I hope that Calvin
1. develops a strong work ethic at a young age
2. devotes himself wholeheartedly to a worthy cause & never gives up
3. learns how to manage money so he never goes into debt
4. becomes super generous with his time, talents, and treasure
5. makes sacrifices to see someone else’s dream come true
6. passes the test of manhood- to take responsibility when he doesn’t want to
7. loves one woman for the rest of his life and never gets divorced
8. creates & contributes in and to a community
9. adopts children one day
10. embraces the source of hope
I hope for many more things but if only these ten things come to pass, I will be thrilled!